Golf MK1 Cabriolet

This 15 year old Golf Mk1 Clipper Cabriolet was booked in for full paint correction, hood, interior and an engine detail. They have owned this vehicle for some 12 years and it only comes out during the very few fine days we have a year. The vehicle is in excellent condition and is a credit to its’ owners.

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-1

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-2

The hood had been previously cleaned with a pressure washer and the tram lines left by the water jet can be clearly seen from the photos below. Had this been a cloth hood it would have most definitely been a write off, costing many thousands to replace. Also in some areas the hood had started to go green with mildew.

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-3

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-4

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-8

The paintwork had medium to light swirls which I have tried to show on the pictures attached, but as you can appreciate this is very difficult on a white car. Some of the paintwork including the body kit was oxidised.

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-5

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-6

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-7

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-9

The engine was the first job of the day. It was coated with APC, allowed to dwell and then agitated with a brush and rinsed. APC was then applied to the under side of the bonnet, agitated and then rinsed. Care was taken not to damage the original labels.

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-10

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-11

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-12

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-13

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-14

The whole vehicle was rinsed after the wheels had been done and the hood was the next job to do.
A mild cleaner was applied to the hood and with the aid of a soft brush, agitated and rinsed. The hood dirt was very stubborn and the process had to be repeated many times as the grime had been there for many years and did not lift on the first couple of attempts.

The golf was then washed in the usual way, with the 2 bucket system, dried and then clayed, including the windows. The client did not require the wheels to be clayed or sealed as he’d just had the originals refurbished and these were going to be put back on the vehicle when he got home. Once we had clayed the golf, it was rewashed and then dried.

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-15

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-16

The day was an absolute scorcher and the golf had to be pulled inside under cover before the vehicle could be masked up for the correction process to begin. Readings were taken of the whole vehicle, which were well over 150 microns. In some areas they were as much as 225 microns – this is some thick paint.

As we had already established there was a lot of paint on the car we decided to apply a medium/heavy Meguiars compound as there were areas that needed more than just light attention. Again we started with the bonnet and after some passes with the machine we inspected the paint and finish. It came out very well (good old German paint). We then moved onto the rest of the car with special attention to the wings and wheel arch extensions. These were especially oxidised and very flat. After we had machined these areas we inspected the vehicle again closely, they looked like glass, as did the rest of the car. Finally a coating of DoDo wax was applied by hand and machine finished, the end result was terrific.

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-17

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-18

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-19

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-20

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-21

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-22

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-23

The interior was vacuumed, with the seats and carpets lightly washed as they were not at all bad. The plastics were then cleaned and dressed with the aid of swabs and detailing brushes. These allow us to get into all those hard to reach areas – in the vents and around the switches.

We then applied a sealant to the hood, dressed the exterior plastics and cleaned the windows inside and out.

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-24

The end result was truly amazing, almost glass like, the client was suitably impressed………job done

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-25

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-26

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-27

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-29

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-30jpg

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-31

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-32

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-33

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-34

Motomotion_Detailing_Valeting_WindowTinting-35